Kate has a wealth of writing and editing experience in many areas.
Humour |Travel | Food | Features | Corporate
- Hustle to Harrison for Historic, Wholesome Fun - City Palate magazine, July/August, 2015, page 36
- Baku to the Future (Montecristo magazine, Spring, 2015)
- A Seattle oasis for the young, hip, presidential type (The Globe and Mail, Aug. 22 2014)
- Orlando for adults: race cars, indoor skydiving and astronauts (The Globe and Mail, Mar. 07, 2014)
- Victoria’s elegant escape for the business set (The Globe and Mail, Feb.14, 2014)
- Seattle’s hot new hotel is in a neighbourhood worth exploring (Special to The Globe and Mail, Nov. 01 2013)
- VANCOUVER: New options add enticing dimensions to a day in the city (BC Ferries, Sep. 24 2013)
- Days of wine and workouts in Napa Valley (Globe and Mail June 22, 2013)
- 10 new events to check out in Vancouver this summer (Globe and Mail May 29, 2013)
- Rock-star reno makes this Vancouver hotel perfect for guests (and their pets) (Globe and Mail May 10, 2013)
- How to do Vancouver like a Real Housewife (Globe and Mail April 5, 2013)
- Need a March Break getaway? Try these 6 hot spots (Globe and Mail March 7, 2013)
- Eating Miami: Take a hot spin around this foodie paradise (City Palate March/April 2013)
- ‘They kill Castro every single day’ -
In Miami’s Versailles café, the Cuban community gathers for sweet java with a side of politics (Globe and Mail October 10, 2012)
- Belly Up to Bellingham: Road-tripping to the west coast this summer? Don’t miss this charming burg. (CityPalate.ca July/August 2012)
- A Culinary Tour of Toronto the Tasty:
Toronto’s hopping food scene puts the lie
to its lacklustre nickname. (CityPalate.ca March/April 2012)
- Sweet Heat: In search of jerk
- My Perfect Gay English Bay Wedding
- Jane and Kate’s excellent adventure
- Schussing and Sipping at Sun Peaks
- Whistler Blackcomb turns up the volume for bikers — as well as skiers and boarders
- The beach beckons (Long Beach Resort on Vancouver Island) - link takes you to the North Shore News of March 9, 2008
Kate’s corporate work includes writing news releases, newsletter articles, op-eds, brochures, speeches and major reports. In 2015, she collaborated with Tim Boys of Island Expeditions, a company specializing in guided trips to Belize, to write its spectacular printed brochure.
She also wrote copy for the 2015 autumn magazine of Vancouver’s Oakridge Centre - about Tiffany & Co., Piper-Heidsieck champagne, Loch Lomond, Steinway’s new player piano, Steinway Artist Ian Parker, Western Living Design Week, Monogram Dinner by Design and the art collection of Mission Hill Family Estate.
Kate’s recent clients include Doctors of B.C. and one of the United States’ Fortune 50 companies. She’s also edited PhD theses for a Calgary architect writing about housing design for aging in place, and a Cambridge University student specializing in International Affairs, and in 2015-2016 did Filipino cultural research across Canada for a professor at Brandon University.
In 2010, Kate completed a 450-page report for VANOC called Legacies of North American Olympic Winter Games - which covered the legacies of the Lake Placid, Calgary, Salt Lake and Vancouver Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
Her other clients have included:
- City of Vancouver
- B.C. Ferries’ magazine
- Sauder School of Business’s alumni magazine
- B.C. Cancer Agency’s magazine for cancer survivors, Forward
- Swiss Re Insurance Asia Casualty
- Insurance Corporation of B.C. (ICBC)
- Vancity Credit Union
- The Cookbook Company
- Whitecap Books
- Simon Fraser University
- Langara University
- Capilano University
- The North Shore Chamber of Commerce
- The North Shore Health Board
- Houston/Denver-based Future Align Incorporated
- Energy companies in Canada and the U.S.
Samples can be provided on request.